Penguin Random House LLC Warehouse Associates - Light Picker Packer - 1st Shift in Westminster, Maryland
Penguin Random House is the premier provider of distribution services in the publishing industry. Our state-of-the-art national fulfillment center located in Westminster, Maryland is seeking quality workers ready and available to work an agreed upon work schedule. It is only with a dedicated staff we are able to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations by picking, packing and shipping approximately 1.2 million books daily to customers around the world.
The Westminster, Maryland Distribution Center is currently seeking applicants for:
Light Picker/Packer ( Order Processor 1 ) $11.20/hr base rate
• Pick and pack customer book orders using a variety of methods including voice automation
• Requires basic reading and math skills
• Must be able to push, pull, bend, stoop, reach and lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on a regular basis, occasionally up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
• Must be able to stand for an entire shift (minimal breaks provided)
• Must be able to climb stairs and be comfortable working on an upper mezzanine level
• Minimum age requirement is 16. Work permit required if under age 18
We are actively recruiting to fill positions on the following shifts:
• 1st: Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm $11.20/hr
Background and Drug Screening is part of the employment process.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.