Penguin Random House LLC Project Analayst in Westminster, Maryland
Bertelsmann Accounting Services
is looking for an experienced Project Analyst to join their team.
In this role, you will analyze, investigate, prioritize and implement projects and process improvements that positively impact the department.
You will also provide management and user support and solutions regarding all aspects
Credit, Accounts Receivable and Co-Op. Willing and able to lead
projects or others as assigned or necessary.
• Consistently performs duties in a concise, accurate and thorough manner, minimizes distractions and uses time wisely
• Can effectively identify and eliminate time wasters for self and others
• Facilitates the generation of project requirement documents outlining needs, desired outcomes, detailed specifications
• and cost savings
• Facilitates the generation of test scenarios and oversees the documentation and completion of all project testing
• Provides technical assistance and training as needed; generates training documentation and presentations as needed
• Willingly attends seminars, training, workshops, conferences, etc.
• Continually seeks out and shares other resources
• Directly interacts with all levels of management and IT
• Promotes a positive work environment by supporting management and serving as a role model
• Dedicates additional time as needed to meet deadlines
• Willing to travel as needed
• Work with minimal supervision
• Authority to make standard system coding changes for Credit, Accounts Receivable and Co-Op
• Make decisions regarding daily tasks and seeks input when appropriate
• Degree or additional education
Professional experience / competencies / traits
• Financial analysis experience
• Supervisory/management & project management experience preferred
• Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of SAP, Concur and Microsoft products (PC Proficient)
• Demonstrates ability to analyze and solve problems
• Exceptional communication skills
• High degree of motivation, work ethic, and accountability
• Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentially (as needed)
• Willingness to assume greater responsibilities and challenges
• Possesses a strong understanding of various departmental functions
• Ability to lead projects, facilitate meetings, set and meet deadlines, document details, and update/include management
• as required
• Experiments with alternative solutions to correct recurring problems or improve processes; ability to think outside the
• box; initiates or contributes new ideas for process improvement
• Well organized, able to multitask and prioritize activities
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task while keeping management informed of project progress or issues
Bertelsmann is building a global network of Accounting Shared Service Centers (ASSC) to bundle and standardize the Group's accounting processes. This includes Accounting Shared Service Centers at existing Bertelsmann locations in core European countries, North America and China. Become part of the Shared Service Center organization at our Westminster (MD) location. We look forward to your application for this exciting and varied job at one of the world's largest media corporations. Join us in shaping the world of media, services and education. We offer business challenges and exciting projects in attractive work environments, as well as individual career and development opportunities. Bertelsmann operates in some 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. Bertelsmann Accounting Services values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Bertelsmann Accounting Services, Inc.
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 21157
Job ID: 39605