Penguin Random House LLC Manager, International Transportation in Westminster, Maryland
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 27400
The Transportation Department is looking for an International Transportation Manager to join their team.
The Transportation Manager maintains responsibility for all aspects of Penguin Random House's import and export programs.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Compliance with all US Customs and other government regulations.
• Management and development of the international transportation staff.
• Maintenance of all vendor relationships including, ocean carriers, drayage companies, international couriers, freight forwarders and customs brokers.
• Oversight of all international transportation and timely reporting to all internal stakeholders.
• Collaboration with Transportation Director regarding rate negotiations and the implementation of new programs and vendor relationships as needed.
• Identification of cost saving and process improvement opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree preferred
• Customs Brokers License preferred
• Management experience in international transportation and US Customs compliance preferred
• Strong knowledge of import/export operations, regulations and procedures
• Experience managing carrier contracts and negotiations preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.