Penguin Random House LLC Manager, Cash Applications in Westminster, Maryland
Company: Penguin Random House LLC - Bertelsmann Accounting Services North America
Requisition ID: 27471
The Bertelsmann Accounting Services, operating through Penguin Random House LLC.
is seeking a Cash Applications Manager to join their team.
This person will be Responsible for the accurate application of payments and posting of debits and credits to accounts receivable records and customer accounts, and for AR General Ledger reconciliation and balancing.
Is an advocate of change and initiates and participates in process improvements in the Cash area by investigating issues or new ventures and submits recommendations to facilitate change.
• Manages the verification of cash receipts, accurate on-line postings to accounts, and the coordination of credits, refunds, miscellaneous billings and journal entries.
• Monitors daily bank activity and maintains reporting of receipt of cash, ACH credits, and wire transfers.
• Provides for the research of customer inquiries to determine course of action.
• Supervises the analysis of customer accounts providing normal account maintenance.
• Supervises and participates in the balancing of the receivable on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Oversees the processing of customer's checks, coordinating all necessary reports and related entries with the General Accounting department.
• Maintains effective employee rapport.
• Works with clients in the balancing of intercompany totals and account reconciliation.
• Provides training for subordinates.
• Travels as necessary.
• Performs related duties and special projects, as assigned
• Assists in establishing department guidelines and procedures.
• Manages priorities to meet deadlines
• Demonstrates leadership, self-reliance and resourcefulness
• Reversal and posting authority Signing authority up to approved level.
• High school required.
• College degree or college courses in related subjects preferred. Ongoing continuing education development.
Professional experience / competencies / traits
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to handle several priorities at once
• In depth knowledge of Accounts Receivable systems
• Ability to train & counsel employees on job requirements.
• PC proficient Five years receivables/finance and managerial experience
• Proficiency in main business language
Bertelsmann is building a global network of Accounting Shared Service Centers (ASSC) to bundle and standardize the Group's accounting processes. This includes Accounting Shared Service Centers at existing Bertelsmann locations in core European countries, North America and China. Become part of the Shared Service Center organization at our Westminster (MD) location. We look forward to your application for this exciting and varied job at one of the world's largest media corporations. Join us in shaping the world of media, services and education. We offer business challenges and exciting projects in attractive work environments, as well as individual career and development opportunities. Bertelsmann operates in some 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. Bertelsmann Accounting Services values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.