Penguin Random House LLC Human Resources Assistant in Westminster, Maryland
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25481
Penguin Random House, LLC is the world's largest general trade book publisher. It is a division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the foremost media companies in the world.
The Westminster Operations Center located in Carroll County, Maryland (30 minutes from the greater Baltimore area) is looking for a driven, self-motivated individual to be part of their Human Resources Team.
The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for inputting data from multiple sources into Ultipro (our database).
Provides Internal support in the area of employment staffing, recruitment, pre-employment screening and processes. Performs administrative and general office duties relating to employee services and personnel transactions.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assists in recruiting warehouse and non-exempt office personnel.
• Screens applications and resumes for consideration.
• Establishes interview schedules for open positions.
• Maintains applicant flow processes.
• Maintains/updates personnel files.
• Primary input person in Ultipro for requisitions, new hires, terms,
and other personnel actions.
• Analyzing the date for errors.
• Processes employment verifications, reports as required and assigned.
• Assembles and compiles basic data for presentations and new employee orientations.
• Assists in the maintenance of records management regarding compliance and retention issues.
• Acts as a liaison in administering employees services such as Service Awards, Tuition and Wellness Reimbursements.
• Assists in organizing employee activities.
• Performs clerical duties such as answering telephones, opening and sorting mail, faxing, copying, maintaining
files and ordering supplies.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as needed or assigned.
Essential Abilities or Functions:
• Proficient PC skills as well as working knowledge of Word & Excel.
• Knowledge of Ultipro System ( Preferred but not required).
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
• Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of recruitment and employment process.
• Ability to work independently, meet strict deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
• Exercises judgment in making external contacts and in recruitment process.
• Screens all job applicants.
Experience & Education (minimum requirements):
• 2 year college or equivalent experience.
• 1-3 years HR experience.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.