Penguin Random House LLC Concur Associate, Accounts Payable in Westminster, Maryland
Company: Penguin Random House LLC - Bertelsmann Accounting Services North America
Job ID: 28937
The Bertelsmann Accounting Services, operating through Penguin Random House LLC. is seeking a Concur Associate, Accounts Payable to join their team.
Under moderate supervision, is responsible for various T&E processes including Concur system reporting, user set up, training and support, and AMEX card administration.
Responsible for ensuring accurate postings and documentation, is able to navigate the Concur system independently, managing multiple company travel policies within the system, takes ownership of responsibilities and is accountable for individual results.
• Performs the duties of the Concur Processor role, reviewing submitted expense reports, auditing receipts and adhering to client travel policies to approve or reject/return expense reports.
• Manages employee inquiries via ticketing system or email (depending on client) and provides accurate and timely responses and exceptional customer service.
• Performs all functions of card administrator including issuance of new card applications, replacement cards, card distribution, user service and follow up of past due accounts/reports.
• Monitor, organize and manage Concur team mailbox(es) for all clients ensuring appropriate handling of all system generated reports, term notices, follow ups and filing.
• Generates monthly reports and obtains approval before distributing.
• Generates monthly AP open items report and reviews to ensure timely clearing of items.
• Maintains training documentation and procedures as needed.
• Provides assistance and user training as needed.
• Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of SAP, Concur and Microsoft products and a strong understanding of various departmental functions, including Accounts Payable and T&E.
• Consistently performs duties in a concise, accurate and thorough manner, minimizes distractions and uses time wisely; can effectively identify and eliminate time wasters for self and others.
• Promotes a positive work environment by supporting management and serving as a role model.
• May require some travel.
• Degree or additional education preferred
Professional experience / competencies / traits
• PC Proficient / system savvy
• Demonstrates ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Exceptional communication / customer service skills.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentially (as needed).
• High degree of motivation, work ethic, and accountability
Bertelsmann is building a global network of Accounting Shared Service Centers (ASSC) to bundle and standardize the Group's accounting processes. This includes Accounting Shared Service Centers at existing Bertelsmann locations in core European countries, North America and China. Become part of the Shared Service Center organization at our Westminster (MD) location. We look forward to your application for this exciting and varied job at one of the world's largest media corporations. Join us in shaping the world of media, services and education. We offer business challenges and exciting projects in attractive work environments, as well as individual career and development opportunities. Bertelsmann operates in some 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds.
Bertelsmann Accounting Services values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.