Penguin Random House LLC Project Management Intern in Seattle, Washington
Arvato - the spirit of solutions!
Arvato Financial Solutions is a part of Arvato Digital Services LLC (ADiS) an internationally networked outsourcing provider. There are more than 7,500 employees who design and implement solutions for business processes across integrated service chains for customers around the world. Our portfolio includes robust services related to the creation of professional and custom IT services that revolutionize finance through advanced intelligence and analytics by employing a value-driven model to serve our business partners in the consumer electronics, high-tech, telecommunication, networking and banking sectors. With more than five decades of experience and our global footprint, we bridge data and operational change for our customers to ensure they are well equipped for the challenges of their markets.
ADiS LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA. This role will be located in Seattle, WA -
Reporting to [superior] for Arvato Financial Services USA
The Project Management Intern is part of the Arvato Analytics & Consulting Services team and acts in an experiential support role to a variety of projects developing in our Seattle office. This opportunity will include various duties including preparation of presentations and participation in project teams. The Project Management Intern will provide excellent service to clients and colleagues to ensure the preservation of company policies and ideals. This opening involves collaborating with people across the company in support of our company's goal to strengthen the resources we provide our clients. This position offers tremendous opportunity for growth while learning the ins and outs of a finance tech startup.
This exciting internship will allow you the opportunity to complement your education with meaningful business development, financial, IT, marketing, and analytic projects, real-life professional situations, and beneficial experiences.
• This specific opportunity requires exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. You will analyze existing projects, identify improvement opportunities and develop new processes to support potential avenues for company growth.
• Prepare for meetings and presentations by running reports, creating PowerPoints or visual aids and gathering information to ensure meetings are effective and contributive to the success of the company
• Take part in Strategy and Business Review meetings to support the business as needed
• Represent the company in a professional manner and cultivate startup office culture
• Track mission priorities; daily, short and long-term
• Calculate project metrics as required
• Proactively maintain technical skills to effectively support company & organizational needs
• Special assignments as assigned
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain dynamic knowledge of business needs
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends in business efficiencies/inefficiencies
• Transfer data insights into project operationalization to develop ventures and create sustainable change
PERSONAL SPECS AND COMPETENCIES Essential Qualifications, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree; acquired or in progress
• Strong interest in startup culture, business solutions, marketing, and finance operational efficiency - Great experience for a university student
• High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including editing and proofreading
• Willingness to follow direction and a strong desire to be exposed to and learn from a variety of business practices
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Desirable Qualifications, Training and Experience:
• Strong experience in business development, analytics, marketing, finance, or software
• Background in Finance, Business, Marketing, Economics, or IT
• Effective planning skills to successfully manage multiple priorities and assignments
• Experience working in projects that follow tight deadlines with a strong ability to identify priorities
Personal Attributes required:
• Highly customer-focused with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated self-starter who is innovative and quick to learn
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to maintain discretion and retain confidential information
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.