Penguin Random House LLC Management Assistant in Seattle, Washington
Arvato - the spirit of solutions!
Arvato Financial Solutions is a part of Arvato Digital Services LLC (ADiS) an internationally networked outsourcing provider. There are more than 7,500 employees who design and implement solutions for business processes across integrated service chains for customers around the world. Our portfolio includes robust services related to the creation of professional and custom IT services that revolutionize finance through advanced intelligence and analytics by employing a value-driven model to serve our business partners in the consumer electronics, high-tech, telecommunication, networking and banking sectors. With more than five decades of experience and our global footprint, we bridge data and operational change for our customers to ensure they are well equipped for the challenges of their markets.
ADiS LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA. This role will be located in Seattle, WA -
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Arvato Financial Services USA
The Management Assistant is part of the Arvato Analytics & Consulting Services team and acts as the key point of contact for Management in relation to Operational and Administrative functions of the business.
This support will include various duties including preparation of presentations, participation on project teams, event planning for the office, sales and marketing material creation and production as well as day-to-day management of the office.
The Management Assistant will provide excellent customer service to clients and colleagues to ensure the preservation of company policies and ideals.
• Support the management team in all aspects of their work at the location including appointments, meetings, events, visitors, interviews, travel arrangements and financial reports
• Prepare for meetings and presentations by running reports, creating PowerPoints or visual aids and gathering information to ensure meetings run promptly and effectively.
• Take part in Strategy and Business Review meetings to support the business as required
• Provide support onboarding and orientation for new employees.
• Support leadership as needed during recruitment and high-volume work seasons with all Human Resources activities including recruiting,
• Plan foreign and domestic travel including detailed itineraries, working with HR on VISA issues for Expats
• Track office priorities; daily, long and short-term
• Handle inquiries and requests from visitors, internal and external callers from various levels of the company including international colleagues
• Direct calls, take messages and relay information in a clear, efficient, and organized way
• Coordinate small and large office meetings and gatherings; on and off-site
• Provide administrative support; process expenses, order supplies, send and receive packages, files, faxes, photocopies and scans as needed
• Proactively maintain technical skills to effectively support company & organizational needs
• Represent the company in a professional manner and cultivate startup office culture
• Special assignments as assigned
KEY RESULT AREAS (please read in conjunction with Key Result Areas)
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain dynamic knowledge of business needs
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends in business efficiencies/inefficiencies
• Transfer data insights into the refinement of office operations to create sustainable change
Essential Qualifications, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor's/Master's degree achieved or in progress in Business, Business Administration, Finance, Operations or related fields
• Strong interest in startup culture, business solutions and finance operational efficiency - Great experience for Graduate Student
• High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working in projects that follow tight deadlines with the strong ability to identify priorities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including editing, proofreading, and speaking.
Desirable Qualifications, Training and Experience:
• Strong experience in administrative support, finance, software and startup companies
• Background in Finance, Business, Marketing or Economics
• Effective planning skills to successfully manage multiple priorities and assignments
Personal Attributes required:
• Highly customer focused with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated self-starter who is innovative and quick to learn
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to maintain discretion and retain confidential information
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.