Penguin Random House LLC Web Developer - Audio in New York, New York
Penguin Random House Audio, a division of Penguin Random House LLC, is seeking an experienced Web Developer to develop, maintain, and enhance Penguin Random House Audio websites. We are looking for a well-rounded and self-motivated individual that will stay up-to-date with the latest web technologies and standards. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully complete tasks that range from coding a simple html form to writing complex database queries.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working with an agile team to build, test, and maintain web-based applications for cross platform devices including desktop, mobile, and tablet.
• Developing and testing applications in accordance with established standards.
• Writing well-designed, maintainable, testable, efficient code.
• Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time.
• Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
• Working with teammates in maintenance tasks and upgrading on existing systems.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• 4 year Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with different frameworks (Zend, Codeingitor, Laravel)
• Proven understanding of usability, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, and security
• Experience with web analytics (Google, Adobe)
• Familiarity with SEO and how it affects implementation
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly organized with the ability to successfully work on multiple projects at a time
• Ability to communicate and provide support with non-technical users
• Familiarity with Agile and Scrum process a plus
• Experience using social APIs (Facebook Open Graph, Twitter) a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.