Penguin Random House LLC VP, Production Director in New York, New York
We are seeking a VP, Production Director to oversee the Production and Interior Design departments for Putnam, Dutton/Plume, Berkley, Avery, TarcherPerigee, and DAW imprints.
The VP, Production Director will:
• Oversee a Production staff of 16 and Design staff of 10
• Problem-solve and advise staff on technical issues, special book packages, crash schedules, and other non-standard projects
• With Digital Workflow Support team, monitor pre-press digital workflow, communicate with compositors on adherence to best practices
• Liaise with Art Directors on PDF workflow as relates to jackets and covers to achieve accurate color and desired results on printed components
• Monitor vendor adherence to quality standards, scheduling and best practices
• Work closely with Managing Editorial to monitor schedules, costs, and quality
• Review production p&ls; attend first print meetings with Inventory, Publishers, Sales Directors, and division President
• Review monthly close out reports, warehouse reworks reports, and other operational reports as needed
• Attend monthly production heads meetings with corporate production ops department and other divisional heads
• 15+ years book production experience including management of a large staff
• Deep knowledge of all aspects of book production including 4/c; hands-on color management expertise; digital workflow experience
• Excellent communication and people management skills
• Strong organizational skills, analytic ability and publishing industry knowledge.
• Proficiency with enterprise systems such as SAP, MS applications, FMP databases
• Working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop preferred
• Digital archive experience preferred
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 33856