Penguin Random House LLC Title Manager, Penguin Publishing Group in New York, New York
Company: Random House North America
Requisition ID: 24820
Penguin Publishing Group is seeking a detail-orientated Title Manager to join their Sales team.
Working closely with the Group Sales Director and Imprint Sales Director, this highly visible and fast-paced role is responsible for the day-to-day positioning and tracking of titles for an assigned group of Penguin adult imprints.
The Title Manager interacts and communicates with employees across various levels and functions within the company and maintains information for both digital and physical hardcover, trade paperback, and mass market paperback titles across all fiction and non-fiction genres.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that Publishers, Inventory, Production & Sales have accurate data regarding print quantities based on new release estimates and order tracking.
• Managing daily and weekly tracking grids.
• Administering seasonal and drop-in pub goals with the Imprint Sales Director.
• Communicating and following up with sales reps regarding missing orders for print order and final bind deadlines.
• Preparing reports for supervisors for weekly and monthly meetings.
• Managing, tracking, and communicating reprint and reorder information for Sales Management, Publishers, Sales Reps, Inventory Control, and other staff as needed.
• Analyzing sales reports as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years prior publishing experience; experience within sales or operations is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to effective interact with employees across all levels within a company
• Superb attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects while working within a fast-paced environment
• Proactive and able to work well under pressure
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Ability to learn new programs and work well within a changing marketplace
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.