Penguin Random House LLC Talent Acquisition Manager in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 26842
Join the Human Resources team at Penguin Random House!
We‘re looking for a skilled and innovative Talent Acquisition professional who is excited to help re-develop and to lead the overall strategy for identifying and hiring talent at Penguin Random House, the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America.
Reporting to the VP Human Resources, this new position will lead a small team working on high volume, full life-cycle recruitment including recruitment kickoff, identifying and sourcing talent, screening and interviewing candidates, and delivering offers with follow-through to onboarding.
This creative and visible role will work closely with colleagues across HR and our publishing and corporate divisions to enhance our employer brand and showcase Penguin Random House's culture and mission while attracting truly outstanding talent with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences.
• Develop and execute strategy to diversify both entry-level and experienced candidate pools
• Develop and execute strategies around job posting optimization, job board procurement, and comprehensive recruitment campaign planning
• Evaluate and improve candidate assessment approach to focus on required competencies and minimize opportunities for unconscious bias in the hiring process
• Recruit for full-time jobs (volume will vary)
• Manage recruitment team and recruitment processes
• Partner with Manager, Diversity Inclusion Coordination & Career Outreach and recruitment team on college and community outreach efforts and career education
• Proactively maintain a broad and deep network of active and passive candidates from which to source
• Drive creative sourcing techniques to grow candidate pools
• Ensure a positive experience for candidates throughout the hiring process
• Track, measure, and analyze recruiting metrics and pipeline data to share with internal partners and to pinpoint improvement opportunities
• Serve as resource for hiring managers on recruitment best practices and refresh and execute in-house interview training workshops
• Ensure compliance of all recruitment records for recruitment team.
• Consistently evaluate internal recruiting processes and procedures to maximize effectiveness.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Penguin Random House provides comprehensive benefits offerings in addition to industry-leading time off policies and forward-thinking programs such as Student Loan Reimbursement.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Please apply to join us if you meet these minimum requirements:
• Relevant talent acquisition experience, including demonstrated ability to effectively execute the responsibilities listed
• Deep knowledge of current and emerging recruitment tools and platforms
• Strong and demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion within recruitment
• Prior supervisory experience
• Ability to create a strategic and analytic approach to managing recruitment initiatives that meet and/or exceed business goals and expectations
• Highly creative
• Experience successfully managing and executing project plans
• Extremely organized with the ability to work on multiple projects at one time
• Proficiency with existing and emerging social media platforms, including experience using these resources for recruitment or marketing purposes
• Knowledge of federal/state employment laws and regulations as they apply to recruitment and selection
• Experience working with applicant tracking systems