Penguin Random House LLC Subsidiary Rights Assistant in New York, New York
The Subsidiary Rights Department at Penguin Random House is seeking an Assistant to support the Director of Subsidiary Rights and the Associate Director of subsidiary Rights. The individual will work collaboratively to assist in the licensing and promotion of titles to various outlets including foreign publishers, book clubs, and large print and audio publishers. This position works with titles for the Avery, Berkley, Putnam, and Portfolio imprints and is an excellent opportunity to gain entry into the field of international licensing and publishing.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assisting the Senior Vice President with book club rights and the Director and Associate Director with both foreign and domestic rights.
• Drafting pitch letters of upcoming titles for potential licensees and international co-agents.
• Creating deal sheets and monthly deal sheet summaries.
• Building and maintaining rights lists for upcoming titles.
• Organizing materials in preparation for annual book fairs, including London, Frankfurt, and BookExpo America.
• Managing and executing book mailings.
• Coordinating art, editorial and publicity requests from domestic and international publishers.
• Providing general administrative support, including answering phones, taking messages, scheduling, filing, faxing, photocopying, maintaining office supplies, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience a plus
• Ability to multitask & prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.