Penguin Random House LLC Subsidiary Rights Assistant, Random House in New York, New York
Subsidiary Rights Assistant, Random House Random House is the proud home of the world's most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. Our host of imprints—including Ballantine, Bantam, Dell, Del Rey, The Dial Press, The Modern Library, Random House, One World, Hogarth, Crown, Tim Duggan Books; Clarkson Potter, Ten Speed Press, Harmony, Rodale; Currency, Convergent, Forum, Image, WaterBrook, and Multnomah. As a Subsidiary Rights Assistant, you will be reporting to two co-directors of the department for the Random House imprints. This position is responsible for helping to bring our publications to the largest possible readership through licensing of rights. The Responsibilities:
• Provides administrative support to department: Responds to rights requests, handles correspondence via email as well as physical mailings, tracks submissions, manages production files, maintains all departmental systems, etc.
• Prepares for the International book fairs and all domestic presentations: Researches contracts for rights held, gathers materials, keeps detailed schedules, helps prepare rights guides and informational grids.
• Works closely with licensees by providing review and production materials: Navigating art clearances, tracking complimentary copies, maintaining submissions grid and other informational databases.
• Works closely with other departments within the company (Production, Art, Editorial, Marketing, Operations, etc.)
• Interest in and enthusiasm for the book publishing industry
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include your cover letter and resume.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 39577