Penguin Random House LLC Subrights Assistant - Penguin Young Readers in New York, New York
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Subsidiary Rights team.
This entry level position supports the Manager and Senior Manager and works in a team setting.
The ideal candidate is accurate, prompt with projects, and effective at time management.
We need a team player who will work on the organization and promotion of our titles to foreign and domestic licensees for all of the Penguin Young Readers titles.
Specifically, the Subsidiary Rights Assistant:
Provides administrative support to supervisors:
• Answers phones, responds to rights requests, handles correspondence via email as well as physical mailings, tracks submissions, manages production files, maintains all departmental systems, etc.
Prepares for the International book fairs and all domestic presentations:
• Researches contracts for rights held, gathers materials, keeps detailed schedules, prepares rights guides and informational grids.
Works closely with licensees by providing review and production materials:
• Navigating art clearances, tracking cmplimentary copies, maintaining submissions grid and other informational databases.
• Works closely with other departments within the company (Production, Art, Editorial, Marketing, Operations, etc.)
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• At least 6 months of previous work experience in publishing and/or an office environment
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Mircosoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher)
Preferred qualifications include:
• Strong interest in Children's Books and Subsidiary Rights
• Expereince using Adobe Acrobat and SAP
The salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 37999