Penguin Random House LLC Spring 2019 Internship - IT/Kodansha Comics/Finance in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 27162
Learn about the world of publishing! Discover career opportunities!
Penguin Random House offers paid internship opportunities during the Spring, Summer, and Fall in various business areas such as contracts, editorial, finance, graphic design, managing editorial, marketing, online marketing, production, publicity, sales, subsidiary rights, and operations.
Internship opportunities are available in our adult, children's, and corporate divisions and interns will work in either our Hudson Street or Broadway office location. Spring & Fall interns work for 14 hours per week and Summer interns work for 28 hours per week. Specific program dates and application details are below.
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 Spring Internship Program.
Are you interested in IT?
There are numerous tasks the intern can work on include:
• Process Component - Agile Alumni Roster: create an Agile Alumni Roster that groups Agile trainees by cohort so we can hold follow-up events etc. Reach out to select trainees in each cohort and interview them on their current practice, problems, learnings to share, etc., and then compile that into a shareable document. Once this has been created, subsequent interns can keep it up to date with the new cohorts.
• Service Component - ServiceNow Backlog grooming: shadow a Service team member, and go through the SN group queue identifying items that are candidates to be closed. Follow up with the Service team member, and maybe even the user.
• Applications Component - JIRA Backlog grooming: shadow a product owner/scrum master/lead dev and go through their product backlog in JIRA, identifying tickets that are candidates to be closed, follow up with the issue reporter.
• Infrastructure Component - GitLab project grooming: shadow a devops engineer, identify inactive projects that could be archived, something like that. Follow up with the project owner.
• Analytics/AI Component - Data Source grooming: shadow an Analytics engineer, identify data sources that could be archived, follow up with people in the org that could possibly still need that
• Working directly with the technology and digital marketing teams to validate PRH consumer marketing sites for updates, key features, and potential decommission. The work will involve completing checklists for sites, tracking site status, running reports, and interacting with technology leads.
Are you interested in comics or manga? Kodansha Comics is seeking an intern for the Spring. The successful candidate will perform diverse tasks spanning editorial, production, publicity, and marketing, giving the intern a chance to become familiar with every aspect of how an American manga publisher operates. As the primary role will involve either proofreading or design, the candidate will need to be extremely detail-oriented, and prior experience with writing, editing, proofreading, design, or translation is preferred
Responsibilities and duties:
• Proofreading manga, ads, and other materials prior to publication, and/or designing advertising and images for online and print use
• Assisting the production manager or director of publishing with data entry and checking related to production and sales
• Handling office inventory and tracking vendor invoices
• Other tasks depending on individual strengths and skills
• Hours are flexible and can be tailored to fit your schedule, up to 28 hours per week.
• Familiarity with manga or comics
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Candidates will be required to pass a brief proofreading test.
• Prior experience as a writer, proofreader, copy editor, graphic designer, or fact checker strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of or interest in the Japanese language is an advantage, but not required.
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator is an advantage, but not required.
Are you interested in Finance?
The Corporate Finance Department of Penguin Random House LLC is looking for an Intern for the summer of 2018. The Corporate Finance Department of Penguin Random House LLC is looking for an Intern for the summer of 2018.
Specific job responsibilities may include:
• Help with month close reporting - preparing and analyzing reports, ticking and tying data;
• Reconciliation of Anaplan forecasting tool;
• Provide support on special projects: e.g. ppb analyses, arcs/galleys, etc
• Photocopying and other administrative duties
Skills needed for the job include:
• Finance background (Finance/Econ/Business major)
• Strong Excel and Power Point Skills
• Knowledge of SAP, Business Objects and/or Power BI a plus;
• Self-starter and able to work independently
• Good communication skills
Spring & Fall interns work for 14 hours per week and Summer interns work for 28 hours per week. We are now accepting applications for the 2019 Spring Internship Program.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter using our online application process.
In your cover letter, please indicate up to three business areas that you are applying for in your cover letter.
You should also include if you have a preference for working within an adult or children's imprint or if you are particularly interested in any genre(s).