Penguin Random House LLC Senior Product Manager in New York, New York
Senior Product Manager Penguin Random House seeks an enthusiastic, passionate Senior Product Manager to own our flagship site, penguinrandomhouse.com, home to millions of unique visitors per month. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working on a large catalog site, love finding new trends and technologies to serve our business needs, and enjoy connecting consumers with their next great read. Proven success working in a highly collaborative agile environment a plus.
• Cultivate a deep understanding of our users as well as the competitive landscape to best create meaningful experiences that will help our visitors find their next great read.
• Collaborate with a large network of stakeholders to make the right trade-offs and set a clear roadmap for your product that meets business objectives and drives key results.
• Define success metrics and track performance around key initiatives: acquisition, data collection, retail strategy, and personalization.
• Work closely with the Content Lead as a strategic partner to further business objectives.
• Work closely with the design team to create wireframes and designs that articulate the product vision.
• Manage the prioritization of new features and bugs. Synthesize coherent product requirements that provide clarity and focus for the engineers and QA lead.
• Maintain a tight learning loop that leverages qualitative insights from user research as well as quantitative results from testing and analytics in order to continually inform the product development process.
• Manage and mentor one direct report, who will provide support on many different facets of the site, from data management and cleanup to writing user stories, to helping maintain and develop new programs for book lovers.
• 4+ years of product management experience; prior experience working on a catalog site a must, prior experience working on loyalty program development a plus.
• Love for data analysis-- an ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recognize and react quickly to opportunities.
• High-energy, high-touch motivator—desire to constantly drive the ball forward with a bias toward action, next steps, and results.
• Flexibility to change direction and find creative solutions as stakeholder requests and issues arise.
• Superior attention to deadlines and deliverables—some might call you "relentlessly organized."
• Passion for understanding emerging technologies as well as discussing existing and proposed software systems.
• Ability to generate creative, simple solutions to complex problems.
• Experience working with scrum/agile methodologies.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.