Penguin Random House LLC Senior Editor, Harmony and Rodale Books in New York, New York
Senior Editor, Harmony Books and Rodale Books
Harmony Books and Rodale Books, imprints of Random House, are seeking a Senior Editor to join its team. Reporting to the VP, Editor-in-Chief of Harmony and Rodale books, the Senior Editor will solicit, acquire, evaluate and develop nonfiction manuscripts and proposals across all genres published by the two imprints, including health & diet, wellness, self-help and personal growth, spirituality and inspirational nonfiction. The role includes building a personal stable of authors as well as working alongside other editors to bring their acquired projects to completion.
• Acquires manuscripts that meet the goals of the Harmony and Rodale publishing programs
• Proposes and evaluates new projects; works with high-level authors on shaping and developing material
• Negotiates purchase of acquisition contracts with current and new authors
• Manages the imprint/division's relationships with key authors
• Collaborates with design and production departments on style, schedule, format, and aesthetics of publication
• Performs other related duties as assigned or required
• The ideal candidate must have 7-10 years book editorial experience and a solid track record of shaping commercially successful books.
• Must have knowledge of the wellness and self-help publishing market.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and juggle competing priorities successfully
• Proven track record of working effectively with writers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 34785