Penguin Random House LLC Senior Digital Developer - Random House Children's Books in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 27869
Penguin Random House is seeking an experienced Senior Digital Developer to join the digital marketing team within Random House Children's Books. As a Senior Digital Developer, you are core to the productivity of the digital marketing team. You will collaborate in the creation and management of websites from concept through completion by working with team members and outside partners to plan, create, and maintain sites that support our marketing and publicity campaigns. You'll get to work on global bestselling and debut series campaigns alongside a team that takes an innovative approach to marketing books. What you'll do:
• Develop promotional websites to support marketing and publicity campaigns for books, authors, series, and the division's brand.
• Provide technical leadership and help drive enhancements to existing products and new products post-launch.
• Troubleshoot and resolve website issues.
• Serve as the technical point person for projects with outside developers and agencies by reviewing code, managing cross-browser and device QA, and providing developers with information on in-house tools, systems, and APIs.
• Regularly work with our IT teams (Web Development, Application Development, DevOps) on infrastructure and hosting decisions and needed API updates and prioritize the full suite of RHCB websites and updates with them.
• Work with our Consumer Marketing and Development Operations team to ensure tracking is properly implemented across our sites and to set up automated analytics reports.
• Supervise the digital marketing team's email marketing manager by providing technical leadership to newsletter creation, proofing newsletters, and working together on email marketing initiatives such as list maintenance and subscription form updates.
• Adept communicator with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Ability to transition between the creative and analytical sides of marketing
• Can work autonomously and as part of a team
• Strong attention to detail
• Passionate for UI/UX
• Strong understanding of WordPress and Advanced Custom Fields, both in development and administration.
• Experience working with REST-based APIs.
• Git version control.
• Experience with build tools (Grunt, Gulp, NPM, Bower, Webpack).
• Experience creating wireframes.
• Eye for design, especially for scaling for mobile, tablet, and desktop screens. Interest in or experience designing websites preferred.
• Comfort with Adobe CS.
• Desire and ability to learn additional programming languages and keep up-to-date on best practices.
• Love of reading and interest in children's publishing encouraged but not required.
Please apply using our online application process to be considered for this opportunity.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.