Penguin Random House LLC Sales Marketing Assistant in New York, New York
We are currently seeking a Sales Marketing Assistant to join the Random House integrated marketing and publicity department.
The innovative team orchestrating materials for our industry-leading sales reps is seeking someone who can keep the trains running on time. As a key liaison between sales, marketing/publicity, cover art, and publishers, you have a dynamic communication style, a team mindset, and excellent time-management skills. You enjoy using your organizational skills to streamline processes, and notice details others don’t. You can quickly switch gears to get to projects that drop into the schedule. You can easily switch hats to get creative and craft memorable presentations. And perhaps most of all, you want to help spread the word about amazing books that entertain, enlighten, and inform.
• Communicating schedules and tracking deadlines for seasonal sales materials
• Coordinating logistics for weekly and seasonal meetings, including post-meeting follow-up
• Creating and proofreading PowerPoint decks and sellsheets for weekly and seasonal sales meetings
• Managing the delivery of early reading materials (manuscripts, excerpts, digital reading copies, early sample copies) and book/cover mockups
• Coordinating mailings to booksellers and other industry contacts, drafting letters to accompany mailings as needed
• Departmental administrative duties as needed
• Candidate must be attentive to detail, highly organized, flexible, and able to juggle multiple tasks and successfully prioritize them
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and time-management skills required for this fast-paced environment
• Computer proficiency essential with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 135621