Penguin Random House LLC Sales Assistant - Proprietary and Custom Sales in New York, New York
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Assistant to join the Proprietary and Custom Sales channel at Penguin Random House! This team is responsible for creating exclusive book editions of Penguin Random House titles for Barnes & Noble and Costco as well as the International Sales & Special Markets departments. With more than 250 publishing brands, Penguin Random House has a book for every category, and this team helps accounts stand apart from the competition with customized product creation. The Assistant will play a key role in this mission by providing the team with administrative and sales support.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Creating and maintaining project flow documents, customer portals, and customer spec sheets.
• Assisting with the preparation for sales meetings by creating and updating PowerPoint presentations, confirming agendas, taking notes, and scheduling meetings.
• Researching and gathering backlist title information, securing out of print titles, utilizing in-house systems for project management, managing sample library, and tracking warehouse inventory.
• Providing ad hoc proofreading and light editing on products.
• Supporting the Kohl’s Cares programs and other custom promotional projects.
• Providing general administrative support to the department.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to effectively prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team in a busy, deadline-driven environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly
• Previous publishing experience a plus
• Knowledge of SAP a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 133999 133999Penguin Random House LLC