Penguin Random House LLC Sales Assistant - Penguin Young Readers in New York, New York
Penguin Random House is looking for a highly organized Sales Assistant to support the Penguin Young Readers Mass Merchandise team. This position will assist two National Account Managers on the Barnes & Noble account by generating and sharing sales data, working closely with our internal database systems, creating account presentations and providing general administrative support.
This role is a great opportunity to learn all about the children's book selling process in a fast-paced environment!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working with National Account Managers to help prepare daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports and annual business reviews and presentations.
• Compiling publisher goals and estimates into reports.
• Creating samples and mock-ups for presentations.
• Reviewing daily orders and working with Customer Service to evaluate and release.
• Creating and maintaining seasonal grids for Barnes & Noble.
• Processing Retail co-op contracts and working directly with the Co-op Department on completing claims.
• Researching competitive title and publisher information for Market Share Reports.
• Providing data and analysis on industry trends, brands, authors and competitive publishers to members across all levels on the sales team.
• Providing general administrative support, enforcing due dates, creating mock-ups, managing selling materials and assets, mailings, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience
• Genuine interest in sales and children's publishing
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Superb verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to calmly multitask & prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.