Penguin Random House LLC Sales Assistant - Penguin Random House Publisher Services in New York, New York
The Penguin Random House Publishing Services team is seeking a Sales Assistant. PRHPS provides sales and distribution services to a wide roster of independent client publishers. Supporting a senior sales director and three sales managers, the assistant will be in touch regularly with sales channels across the company, as well as publishing operations and marketing liaisons. The assistant will help prepare for sales meetings, act as a liaison between the sales managers, client publishers, and other departments across the company. If you are interested in trends in book publishing and learning about the selling process for books, this may be an ideal role for you! Responsibilities
• Assist sales managers with day-to-day client queries
• Collect and maintain seasonal materials for publishers, including: comp titles and estimate due dates, alerting publishers of final estimates; managing metadata and sell-in material sweeps
• Maintain seasonal meeting materials for all publishers; reminding publishers of due dates and meeting dates/times; tracking receipt of agendas, TI sheets, and presentations from publishers and maintaining accuracy of title information
• Tracking and announcing drop-in titles
• Provide regular sales reporting to clients and sales managers as needed
• Distribute advances and sales materials to reps as requested
• Manage gathering and sharing sales rep feedback with client publishers
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and ability to take initiative
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience in publishing or bookselling a plus
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 37674