Penguin Random House LLC Sales Assistant - Adult Titles in New York, New York
Sales Assistant – Adult Titles Penguin Random House is seeking a Sales Assistant to provide administrative and sales support to the team of field sales representatives located across the country, as well as to the Sales Director overseeing our field sales efforts. This group is responsible for the sales of all Random House, Knopf Doubleday, and Crown titles to independent bookstores, as well as regional chains & wholesalers.
• Preparing Edelweiss collections, sales kits, and selling materials.
• Responding to in-house and account inquiries.
• Maintaining, tracking and analyzing sales data and running daily sales reports.
• Creating seasonal PowerPoint presentations.
• Communicating with various internal departments to obtain sales materials.
• Coordinating the placing, fulfilling, and tracking of orders.
• Performing general administrative duties for the department and department head, including answering phones, mailing review copies, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Strong interest in sales and publishing
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Superb analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 40942