Penguin Random House LLC Random House Children's Books - Marketing Assistant in New York, New York
Marketing Assistant - Random House Children's Books
The Random House Children's Book's Marketing Department seeks a Marketing Assistant to join their team. This position dual reports to the Senior Vice President of Marketing and the Executive Director of School & Library Marketing, but the role also provides an opportunity to interface with the entire marketing organization as well as Publicity, Sales and Editorial and Art.
• Major support for our key seasonal meetings working in conjunction with marketing, publicity, editorial, art, and sales departments; tasks include scheduling of key moments and milestones, creating meeting invites and agendas, setting up campaign plan documents, scheduling follow-up meetings and disseminating notes, setting up seasonal author meetings
• Manage weekly department meeting including scheduling, agenda call, capturing key action items and communicating back to the team
• Assist the Executive Director of School and Library and be responsible for monthly mailings, department promotional grids, invoicing and budget coordination
• General administrative support including, managing meeting calendar for the SVP of Marketing, providing copies and/or posting key documents for meetings, setting up retailer requests for displays and prepacks
• Highly organized with an ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, and meet deadlines
• Strong sense of urgency with an ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and ability to think on their feet and address unexpected challenges
• Excellent writing and communication skills as well as being detail-oriented and organized
• Self-motivated with a desire to be a team player as well as work independently
• Ability to anticipate manager's needs
• Creative thinker who enjoys thinking outside of the box
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 39999