Penguin Random House LLC Publishing Operations - PRH Labs Assistant in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 28221
Title: Assistant, PRH Labs
PRH Labs is an innovation incubator focused on growing physical book sales through established, emerging, and new channels. We work at a fast pace with internal and external partners to bring new business opportunities from prototype to pilot to scale.
The PRH Labs Assistant will support the Leader of PRH Labs and the PRH Labs team. He/she will work with the team in a startup-like environment in collaboration with publishing divisions and corporate departments throughout the company to assure the success of business opportunities identified by company leadership.
In addition to standard administrative duties, the PRH Labs Assistant's activities will vary week-to-week and can include market research and survey analysis, consumer interviews, creative ideation and product design, and prototype launch support.
This is a perfect entry-level position for someone excited about the opportunity to participate in the transformation of the publishing industry at the world's largest publishing house.
• Entry level, 0-2 years experience
• Prior publishing or bookselling internship experience a plus
• Prior experience with startups or innovation, particularly Human Centered Design concepts and Lean business principles a significant plus
• Basic skills with MS Office suite of business support software (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point)
• Familiarity with design software (PhotoShop, Sketch, SketchUp) a plus
• Familiarity with data software packages (PowerBI) a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively in small, flexible, fast-moving multifunctional teams a requirement
• Curiosity and willingness to learn critical
• Love of reading and books essential
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.