Penguin Random House LLC Publishing Operations Analyst in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25485
In this position, the candidate will be on a team charged with developing and building analytical tools that will be used to support decision making in the book production process.
This position requires strong computer skills, especially with data management software such as Excel, Access and SQL, in addition to exceptional analytical skills. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of management, develop solutions and tools for cost and pricing analysis
• Create and maintain weekly/monthly/annual volume forecasting models
• Maintain departmental reporting
• Manage vendor pricing scales
• Work with systems personnel to develop and maintain data points from SAP
• Identify workflow/system improvements and work with supervisor and operations team to enact change
• 2-3 years' experience in a similar role, preferably in the publishing industry, but not required
• An ability to excel in a team oriented environment
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel, Access & Power BI; Basic VB & SQL knowledge preferred
• Experience with SAP preferred, but not required
• Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to learn and adapt to change
Please use our online application process to be considered for this opportunity.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.