Penguin Random House LLC Publishing Assistant, Vintage and Anchor Books in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25051
Publishing Assistant, Vintage and Anchor Books Vintage and Anchor Books is seeking an Assistant to support the VP, Associate Publisher, in a fast-paced office environment.
The successful candidate will be a creative, analytical thinker who is comfortable performing typical administrative duties while also demonstrating the ability to take initiative and exercise independent thinking where needed.
A genuine interest in book publishing and reading is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to all areas of the publishing process, particularly marketing, advertising and promotions, managing editorial. Specific responsibilities include:
• Creating and distributing weekly, monthly, and seasonal reports and / or updates
• Assisting Associate Publisher in preparation for weekly and seasonal meetings, including marketing meetings; seasonal launch, post-launch, and strategy meetings; sales conference; and more
• Conducting consumer demographic research, as well as sales analysis, to help in the planning of marketing campaigns and evaluating their effectiveness
• Coordinating, updating, and maintaining information, particularly metadata, in internal database systems
• Assisting with PowerPoint presentations and creating marketing sell sheets and other sales assets
• Handling special projects, in conjunction with the Associate Publisher, to support the overall efforts of the imprint
• Scheduling department meetings, coordinating meeting agendas, gathering meeting materials, and taking minutes
• Handling and screening phone calls
• Processing expense reports
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate appropriately across all levels and divisions of the company as well as with external parties
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Programs
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.