Penguin Random House LLC Publishing Assistant - Penguin Young Readers in New York, New York
This role will assist the President and Publisher of Viking Books for Young Readers and Philomel Books and the VP of Business Development for Viking and Philomel Books with daily administrative and editorial responsibilities. This is a unique opportunity to provide support to a dynamic editorial team, gain experience in trade publishing, and work on some of the most high profile brands in the children's publishing business. A passion for children's books is a must. The Publishing Assistant:
• Performs administrative tasks such as organizing meetings, maintaining grids, ordering books for office and authors, preparing expense reports
• Attends editorial meetings and offers creative input.
• Work closely with senior management to develop brand extensions for our largest properties including Madeline and Corduroy
• Contributes to the development of the backlist and frontlist publishing programs through data analysis
• Assist in expanding our Classics publishing program
• Read and evaluate manuscripts and writes readers reports
• Plays a major role in developing Powerpoint launch presentations and project proposals
• Communicating with authors, agents, and internal marketing and production teams
• Prepares P&Ls, contract proposals, check requests
• Draft cover copy, generating and updating TI sheets, reviewing and managing metadata
• Ability to multitask and handle many projects at once
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• An interest in children's books, including picture books, middle grade, and young adult
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: new york
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 36920