Penguin Random House LLC Publishing Assistant Manager/Manager - Crown Publishing in New York, New York
We are seeking a Publishing Assistant Manager or Publishing Manager to work with the Deputy Publisher on the organization and management of both the frontlist as well as paperback conversions and backlist. This role will strategize and coordinate the timing, packaging, and materials for paperback releases between the Deputy Publisher and several internal departments. Blending creativity and analysis, this position is ideal for seeing the inner working of a large publishing division.
In this role, you will:
• Review first pass pages of paperback conversions to check copyright pages, new and additional material, etc.
• Maintain schedules, processes, and best practices to ensure that all paperback and eBook back matter is up-to-date while incorporating editorial feedback and author approval.
• Maintain tracking grids of upcoming screen adaptations of Crown titles, including TV, movie, and video game, and coordinate with movie/TV studios on tie-in licensing agreements and production schedules.
• Review and update ebook back matter ahead of pricing promotions.
• Communicate pricing promotion details to editors and backlist authors and agents.
• Identify backlist repackaging opportunities based on anniversaries, newsworthiness, holidays, themes, etc. in order to maximize backlist sales growth.
• Attend and take notes at span action meetings.
• Attend launch, editorial, publicity, and marketing meetings to flag potential titles for updates, offer insight into pricing promos, and discuss inventory management.
• Attend reprint meetings and help track stock/reprint situations, follow up on delivery dates, flag low inventory levels, and flag reprint shortages and estimate increases.
• Collaborate with the digital team to review and optimize copy and keywords in the front list and backlist areas.
• Communicate with backlist authors and agents regarding hardcover dry ups, sales information requests, contract approvals, updated author bios, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience in either editorial, managing editorial, book sales, or book marketing
• Capacity for big-picture thinking and detailed follow-through
• Creative problem-solver with strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Superb written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to successfully manage internal relationships
• Highly organized with the ability to self-start and manage multiple competing priorities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.