Penguin Random House LLC Publishing Assistant, Knopf, Pantheon & Schocken Books in New York, New York
Publishing Assistant, Knopf, Pantheon & Schocken Books A unique opportunity for an organized, versatile and creative individual to start their publishing career working with one of the most highly regarded lists in the industry—a list that includes Michael Ondaatje, Haruki Murakami, Chimamanda Adiche, Alex Ross, Camille Paglia, Carl Hiaasen, Jo Nesbo, Cheryl Strayed, Larry Wright, Edwidge Danticat, Orhan Pamuk, Joan Didion, Kazuo Ishiguro, Cormac McCarthy, Karen Russell, Nathan Englander, Anne Tyler, Jhumpa Lahiri, Richard Russo, Patti Smith, Alice Munro, Jane Smiley, Dave Eggers, Yaa Gyasi, Chris Ware, Sheryl Sandberg, among many, many others.
In this role, you will report into the SVP, Associate Publisher for Knopf, Pantheon & Schocken Books, and gain invaluable exposure to all areas of the publishing process, particularly marketing, advertising and promotion, sales and managing editorial. A strong interest in marketing required.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Creating and distributing weekly, monthly, and seasonal reports and / or updateS
• Assisting Associate Publisher in preparation for weekly and seasonal meetings, including marketing meetings; seasonal launch, post-launch, and strategy meetings; sales conference; and more
• Conducting consumer demographic research, as well as sales analysis, to help in the planning of marketing campaigns and evaluating their effectiveness
• Handling special projects, in conjunction with the Associate Publisher, to support the overall efforts of the imprint
• Providing support to Advertising Director and title marketers in contacting and maintaining relationships with vendors, booking advertising campaigns, trafficking creatives, sharing campaign reporting, and helping to monitor internal workflow process to ensure campaigns start in a timely manner.
• Scheduling department meetings, coordinating meeting agendas, gathering meeting materials, and taking minutes
• Handling and screening phone calls, managing the calendar of both department and SVP
• Processing expense reports
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• A genuine interest in book publishing and reading, including some of the above-listed authors.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate appropriately across all levels and divisions of the company as well as with external parties
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities, as well as meet deadlines.
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• Are reasonably comfortable with math and excel
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Programs
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include cover letter and resume.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 40104