Penguin Random House LLC Publicity Assistant - Random House Children's Books in New York, New York
Random House Children's Books seeks a Publicity Assistant to join its Publicity team.
This person will report to the Executive Director, Publicity and assist with PR campaigns for our books and brands, as well as handle administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to work independently as well as collaboratively, pay close attention to detail, and demonstrate a passion to work in children's book publicity.
The ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also maintaining accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
This position requires a high-level of outward facing communication for the division. Candidate must have exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work with clients, as well as manage internal communication across departments. Responsibilities Include
• Administrative support for the Publicity Department including: distribution of news clips, monitoring media outlets, award submissions, tracking reviews, invoice/budget work, mailings, set-up of in-house events and various other tasks.
• Supports Executive Director, with high-profile media campaigns, national author tours, event itineraries, and travel and event logistics; as well as administrative tasks including phone, calendar, travel and meeting support.
• Assist with arranging author/illustrator events including local bookstore appearances and book festival appearances.
• Write publicity materials including press releases, pitch letters, and design press kits.
• Upkeep of department media database and various regular communications out to the company.
• Research and seek out new media outlets for promotion of our books, brands, authors and illustrators.
• Performs other related projects or duties as assigned by department.
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 40044