Penguin Random House LLC Publicity Assistant - Putnam in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25389
The Putnam imprint at Penguin Random House is seeking a Publicity Assistant to support the VP, Director of Publicity. This role is tasked with organizing the logistics for a wide array of departmental needs and performing general administrative duties. The Publicity Assistant will work with a wide array of award-winning, bestselling franchise titles and is the ideal position for someone who is interested in learning how to manage publicity for high profile authors and to see the publishing process from start to finish.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Coordinating travel and other essential arrangements for authors and supervisor.
• Responding to a variety of calls and emails from media, authors, and booksellers, and communicating between related in-house departments.
• Coordinating and executing review copy mailings.
• Gathering and organizing press clips.
• Creating department reference documents pertaining to press kits, title assignments, budgets, and award submissions.
• Handling detailed tour and media schedules for campaigns.
• Processing invoices, maintaining title budgets on campaigns, and organizing departmental budgets.
• Performing online research ahead of author meetings and to acquire publicity contacts and updating media lists.
• Assisting the coordination of logistics for meetings, including securing conference rooms, coordinating calendar schedules, preparing meeting materials, and taking notes.
• Providing general administrative support, including answering phones, taking messages, photocopying, filing, expense reporting etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience
• Strong interest in book publishing and publicity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong follow-up skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadlines driven environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.