Penguin Random House LLC Publicity Assistant - Portfolio, Sentinel in New York, New York
We have an exciting opportunity for a Publicity Assistant to join Penguin Random House! The Portfolio/Sentinel imprint is seeking an Assistant to work with bestselling nonfiction authors in the business, self-help, and conservative politics categories. This role will assist in the publicity campaigns for non-fiction hardcover and paperback titles, and provides an intensive education in trade book publishing in a fast-paced, fun, and highly collaborative environment.
Our authors are internationally recognized economists, leaders, professors, CEOs, media personalities, and movement starters, and our mission is to help them refine and position their message, build their tribes, and spread their ideas far and wide. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter with a strong interest in current events who would be excited to be at the forefront of the changing landscape of business, work, and politics.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assisting senior publicity staff with high profile media campaigns for bestselling authors.
• Providing administrative support for senior publicity staff, including managing calendar invites and meeting materials, processing invoices, answering phones, etc.
• Coordinating mailings, publicity materials, and review copy requests.
• Seeking publicity opportunities across print, TV, radio, and online media for assigned books, with support from supervisors.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with relevant media contacts.
• Working and communicating with authors throughout the publicity campaign, as well as with editors and other internal employees.
• Helping to create publicity and promotional materials, including press releases, pitch letters, postcards.
• Maintaining author media and event schedules, including coordinating travel and hotel accommodations.
• Collaborating closely with marketing and contributing ideas for marketing and social media campaigns.
• Performing general administrative duties for the publicity department, such as responding to general media inquiries, maintaining media databases, tracking press coverage, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience
• Genuine interest in publicity and book publishing, specifically nonfiction
• A proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
• A proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines
• An understanding of social media as a marketing tool
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media
• Knowledge of Cision and Publicity Assistant a plus
• Familiarity with business and political reporters, book reviewers, magazine editors, and bloggers a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 40799