Penguin Random House LLC Publicity Assistant - Penguin Press in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25322
Penguin Random House is seeking a Publicity Assistant to support two senior members of the Penguin Press publicity team. In this role, the Assistant will provide general administrative support and assist with the creation of publicity campaigns for hardcover and trade paperbacks titles. This is a great opportunity to learn about book publicity at a well-respected imprint known for publishing serious nonfiction and select literary fiction titles.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assisting with writing press materials, performing research online, conducting media outreach, booking travel, and keeping track of authors' schedules.
• Corresponding with authors, agents, media contacts, and other internal departments.
• Inputing all confirmed events and author appearances, reviews, interviews, and other press coverage into internal publicity databases.
• Maintains imprint bestseller lists and other publicity files.
• Assisting in award submissions.
• Handles general requests from the media.
• Performing general administrative support for the two supervisors and department, including answering phones, taking messages, processing invoices, distributing mail, filing, ordering office supplies, executing publicity mailings, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience
• Strong interest in nonfiction including but not limited to politics, science, technology, sports, and current events
• Excellent writing, verbal, and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent follow up skills
• Understanding of social media as a marketing tool
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• MAC knowledge a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.