Penguin Random House LLC Publicity Assistant - Dutton & Plume in New York, New York
Publicity Assistant – Dutton and Plume Penguin Random House is seeking a Publicity Assistant to support the Director of Publicity of the Dutton and Plume imprints. Dutton specializes in highly successful fiction franchise authors and bestselling nonfiction authors, including Lisa Gardner, Riley Sager, Nick Offerman, and Daniel J. Levitin. Plume specializes in books with bold takes on pop culture and feminism, including authors Phoebe Robinson, Hannah Hart, and the T-Rex Trying and Poorlier Drawn Lines series. In this role, the Publicity Assistant will perform general office tasks, maintain publicity clips, complete book mailings, answer phones, and handle publicity for assigned books. We’re looking for a candidate who enjoys brainstorming creative publicity ideas and likes to work in a friendly, collaborative environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Pulling lists and mailing books out to print, radio, TV, and online contacts.
• Inputing all confirmed events, reviews, and interviews into the publicity database, saving all clips onto the server, and scanning reviews when necessary.
• Booking media (print, radio, TV, online interviews) for author tours.
• Securing bookstores and other events during author tours.
• Working with the travel agent to coordinate flight and hotel accommodations for authors.
• Writing press materials, including press releases, pitch letters, galley letters, and tour cards.
• Creating a detailed schedule for authors and escorts.
• Performing online blog research and looking for new media trends.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and thrive in a deadline driven environment
• Strong interest in publicity and book publishing
• Ability to multitask
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 40773