Penguin Random House LLC Publicist - Penguin Press in New York, New York
Dedicated to publishing quality nonfiction and literary fiction, Penguin Press brings to market ideas that matter, storytelling that lasts, and books that don't just start conversations, but ignite them. We are seeking a Publicist to execute successful publicity campaigns, manage all aspects of multi-city author tours and interact with authors, media, editors, agents, and event coordinators. The ideal candidate has a solid track record of generating creative angles and pitches and will come with a strong working knowledge of the media.
Penguin Press publishes a diverse list of authors, including: Ron Chernow, Michael Pollan, Zadie Smith, Mary Oliver, Kamala Harris, Michael Hayden, Ocean Vuong, Thomas Pynchon, Steve Coll, Alexandra Fuller, Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Ottessa Moshfegh, and Celeste Ng. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with award winning authors on a wide variety of distinguished titles!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Securing national and regional media for both paperback and hardcover titles.
• Independently planning and executing author tours, including local book events, media interviews and author travel.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with producers, editors, book reviewers, event coordinators and booksellers.
• Communicating and building partnerships with authors and agents.
• Creating persuasive press materials, including press releases, pitch letters, author Q&A's, and story ideas.
• Collaborating with the editorial, marketing, and sales teams on campaign execution.
• Managing award submissions for the imprint.
• Updating and maintaining the publicity database.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of publicity experience in a publishing house
• Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and prioritize
• Exceptional writing skills
• Superior presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a creative and strategic thinker
• Understanding of social media as a marketing tool
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Knowledge of Cision and Publishers Work Bench, a plus.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.