Penguin Random House LLC Production Manager, Manga in New York, New York
Penguin Random House Publisher Services is seeking a Production Manager that will be responsible for managing all aspects of print production for a line of English-language manga for a client publisher. The client is a major Japan-based entertainment company that is entering the English-language publishing market directly for the first time. Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain print production schedules for dozens of titles per year.
• Request quotes from both domestic and foreign printers.
• Act as the primary liaison between print vendors and Editorial.
• Create purchase orders and transmit final cover and interior files to printers.
• Receive and route cover and interior proofs.
• Work with the Associate Director of Publishing Services to troubleshoot issues with files and/or scheduling
• Provide printers with revised files, if necessary, and provide approval for all print elements
• Develop and implement departmental processes as necessary to improve efficiency and control costs
• Other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years of experience in book publishing (manga or graphic novel publishing strongly preferred)
• Experience with both 1C and 4C printing
• Experience with domestic and overseas printers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Impeccable organizational skills
• Ability to set priorities calmly under pressure in a cross-cultural context
• Knowledge of SAP strongly preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 33851