Penguin Random House LLC Production Assistant - Penguin Books in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 28941
We are seeking an Assistant to join the Production team for Penguin Books and the Penguin Classics imprint. This person will be responsible for book production and administrative support for first printings. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about book production and work with distinguished authors on a wide variety of books!
Specifically, the Production Assistant:
• Handles all aspects of the production of assigned titles including maintaining schedules by tracking the progress of titles through production using internal system reporting, estimating, scheduling, and all vendor contact.
• Routes and keeps track of materials to other departments and vendors including covers, jackets, proofs, book copies, etc.
• Maintains accurate specifications in SAP.
• Creates and issues purchase orders to component printers and binderies.
• Checks vendor invoices and ensures quote and billing match.
• Checks all printed covers for proper price.
• Provides administrative support to the supervisor including maintaining various reports, routing cover materials and pre-flighting printer ready cover files.
• Assists on special projects with department head as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Interest in book production and book publishing
• Superb communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational, scheduling, and time management skills
• Proven ability to multitask and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to push or pull up to 20 lbs
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Knowledge of SAP and/or FileMaker Pro a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.