Penguin Random House LLC Penguin Young Readers - Subsidiary Rights Assistant in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 28734
Subsidiary Rights Assistant - Young Readers
We are looking for an assistant to join our Subsidiary Rights team.
The Subsidiary Rights Assistant supports the Senior Director and the Senior Manager, and works in a team setting to assist with the licensing and promotion of our titles to domestic and foreign markets for all imprints in the Young Readers Group.
Specifically, the Subsidiary Rights Assistant:
• Provides administrative support to supervisors (answers phones, handles correspondences, mails submissions, files, etc.) and maintains all departmental systems.
• Prepares for the International book fairs, as well as domestic presentations; gathers material, prepares rights guides and informational grids.
• Works closely with licensees by providing review and production material, navigating art clearances, and maintains submissions and licensing databases.
• Works closely with other departments within the company (Production, Art, Editorial, Marketing, Operations, etc.) to obtain material necessary for licensing rights.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher)
Preferred qualifications include:
• Experience using Adobe Acrobat
• Previous work experience in an office environment
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.