Penguin Random House LLC Marketing Manager, Putnam in New York, New York
Putnam is seeking a Marketing Manager to develop and execute marketing campaigns for a list of award-winning and bestselling books. For more than two decades, Putnam has led the publishing industry with more hardcover New York Times bestsellers than any other imprint. With its rich history of publishing established franchises and new talent, as well as award winners, and with an unrivaled bestselling track record, Putnam continues to be one of the most respected and prestigious imprints in the industry.
The Marketing Manager will work closely with our authors and their agents, as well as Putnam’s editors, publicists, sales team, and creative services colleagues to oversee marketing campaigns for hardcover and paperback titles across a wide variety of categories.
The ideal candidate will have experience working planning and executing marketing campaigns from start to finish. We are looking for candidates who have a clear track-record of incorporating analytics into the creation of data-driven marketing, and who have experience presenting their plans in meetings. Candidates should have excellent communication skills and be capable of taking ownership of individual campaigns while juggling multiple projects simultaneously, as well as the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Creates, communicates, and implements marketing campaigns for a variety of titles, while utilizing the insights and analytics available to inform their strategy
• Collaborates directly with editorial, publicity, sales, and creative marketing services, as well as with authors and agents, to communicate, refine, and execute plans
• Works with authors to maximize campaign effectiveness, including helping to grow social media platforms and brainstorming and pitching potential partnerships.
• Collaborates closely with other members of the marketing department to share ideas, brainstorm, and develop new marketing tools and strategies
• Is skilled at analyzing sales patterns and other key marketing metrics to inform their plans and promotions
• Communicates with the sales, editorial, and publicity teams to leverage new consumer insights into sales opportunities
• Continually researches and explores new marketing tools, platforms and strategies
• Strong prior experience in book marketing, including experience creating and executing marketing campaigns for a variety of titles
• Excellent verbal and written communication and copywriting skills
• Fluency in key marketing strategies and tools including email, social media, Facebook advertising and search
• Experience presenting both internal and external meetings
• Proficiency in analyzing sales and other key marketing metrics
• The ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and prioritize effectively
• The ability to work as part of a collaborative team, while also having the autonomy to craft and implement plans for your titles
• Basic design skills/some Photoshop experience
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 135581