Penguin Random House LLC Marketing Manager, PreK-6 Education in New York, New York
Penguin Random House is seeking a creative Marketing Manager with a passion for children's books to join our Education Sales & Marketing department. Reporting to the VP and Director of Education Marketing, the Manager will serve as a main point of contact for the Penguin Young Readers and Random House Children's Books publishing divisions and support the sales group on a wide variety of education marketing initiatives. This exciting role will also lead the development, implementation and execution of national marketing campaigns.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with the PreK-12 Sales Director and colleagues in the PYR and RHCB school and library departments to identify marketable titles and customized collections for the PreK-6 education market.
• Assembling and updating information about frontlist and backlist titles from the editorial, publicity, and marketing teams for the education customer segment.
• Developing compelling content for ads, e-mail marketing campaigns, brochures, newsletters, e-cards, websites, blogs, and other direct mail and digital promotions targeted at the PreK-6 education market.
• Leading the creation of marketing collateral for sales including title and customized collection information sheets.
• Delivering informative and persuasive title presentations and demonstrating best-practice use of sales tools while training and working with sales representatives.
• Managing the development and production of Educator Guides for key titles.
• Facilitating successful events through targeted customer selection, agenda creation, event execution, and sales follow up.
• Attending approximately 5-7 educational conventions per year.
• Measuring marketing activities against KPIs, driving ROI, and communicating results to imprint leadership.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of marketing experience, including experience independently creating and implementing creative marketing campaigns; sales experience a plus
• Strong understanding of the PreK-6 education market and customer needs, including knowledge of various state and national standards
• Trade or PreK-12 education publishing experience a plus
• Knowledge of a wide range of sales and digital marketing techniques
• Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
• A proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Strong communication, writing, and proofreading skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong analytical and leadership skills
• Ability to travel domestically via train, plane, or car 5-10 times per year
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.