Penguin Random House LLC Marketing Director - Riverhead in New York, New York
Riverhead is seeking a Marketing Director to oversee and execute the marketing campaigns for a list of bestselling literary fiction and quality non-fiction books. Riverhead's books have won the National Book Award, the Pulitzer Prize, National Book Critic Circle Awards, the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award and numerous other distinctions.
The Marketing Director:
• Acts as the point-person for all marketing campaigns, working directly with the Publisher, author, Editorial, Publicity, Sales, other internal departments and other external contacts
• Develops, executes, and analyzes creative marketing campaigns for frontlist and backlist titles
• Collaborates with authors and agents to most effectively market their titles
• Works directly with ad contacts and our internal design department to develop creative ad campaigns
• Leverages Consumer Insights and analytics for targeting and messaging
• Gathers data and insights from digital ad campaigns for post-mortem
• Identifies current marketplace trends and ways to leverage backlist based on those trends
• Provides sales strategy and support for sell-in of individual titles
• Provides direction for the social media strategy for platforms and titles
• Assists authors with the development of their online/social media platforms
• Manages annual marketing budget
• Manages and mentors staff and delegates
• Minimum 7 years prior experience in book marketing or equivalent experience
• Experience working on creative and strategic campaigns
• Prior supervisory experience
• Ability to work with people at all levels
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• Knowledge of digital marketing tools, such as: Facebook Business Manager/Audience Insights, Google Analytics, etc.
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 39767