Penguin Random House LLC Managing Editorial Assistant, Random House in New York, New York
Managing Editorial Assistant, Random House Founded in 1925, Random House is the proud publishing house of the world’s most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. Our host of imprints—including Ballantine, Bantam, Broadway, Crown, Currency, Convergent, Delacorte, Del Rey, The Dial Press, Forum, Hogarth, Image, The Modern Library, One World, Random House, and Tim Duggan Books—publish original fiction and nonfiction in all formats with the mission to entertain, educate and inspire readers for generations. We are currently seeking a Managing Editorial Assistant to join the Random House production department. This position provides an opportunity to support a busy department while handling responsibilities which may include: Responsibilities:
• Supports senior managing editors with data management in SAP and Filemaker, including date/price changes, title/subtitle changes, BISAC & related metadata updates, etc.
• Traffics jacket/cover mechanicals, including through Inmotion
• Acts as liaison between department and Library of Congress, processing information to secure Cataloging-in-Publication data
• Processes frontlist text and jacket/cover changes/corrections for physical and eBooks
• Receives, quality-checks, and distributes reprint copies
• Helps manage the departmental library
• Gathers backlist books from departmental library for weekly reprint meetings, prepares notes on and processes text/cover/price etc. changes, including updating or replacing excerpts and back ads
• Works with the corporate reprint department and initial production managers on titles being inducted into the medium-run program, reviewing and evaluating cover and text proofs and performing quality assurance
• Assists senior managing editors in transmitting conversion (paperback) transmittals
• Prepares and distributes weekly status reports for departmental production meetings
• Assists others in the department as required and may perform light proofreading, slugging, and check blues under the direction of the production editors.
• Computer proficiency essential with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point); familiarity with Filemaker Pro and Adobe Acrobat helpful.
• Candidate must be personable, extremely energetic, and attentive to detail, highly organized, flexible, and able to juggle multiple tasks and successfully prioritize them, with strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills required for this fast-paced environment.
• Interest in learning the nuts and bolts of publishing essential.
• Must successfully complete our proofreading test.
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process and include your cover letter and resume.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 41302