Penguin Random House LLC Manager/Director, Business Development - Sales in New York, New York
Penguin Random House is currently seeking a retail savvy Manager/Director to establish and develop new business partnerships with key retailers, as well as to support current retail partners and on-going growth initiatives within the company. We are looking for an engaging leader to inspire team members to embrace new models and alternative processes as we think about different ways of doing business. This role will be responsible for the Strategic Market Development team's day-to-day execution across retailers and other partners while working closely with internal Penguin Random House colleagues contributing to the business.
The Manager/Director will also handle the maintenance of existing agreements and initiation of new partnerships. Additional responsibilities include:
• Managing sales execution for the Strategic Market Development team.
• Researching retailer shifts and marketplace trends and categories.
• Building presentations and models and communicating business analysis to stakeholders.
• Integrating new retailers and processes within the organization.
• Coordinating initiatives with operations and sales stakeholders.
• Supporting or leading broader initiatives the team takes on, as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience including a strong retail background and knowledge across Merchandising, Planning, and/or Allocation; minimum of 8 years to be considered at the Director level
• Significant experience with vendor/retailer negotiations to help anticipate the needs of clients and retailers
• Extensive knowledge of retailer financial metrics and interplay
• Ability to quickly adapt to a shifting retail landscape, workflows, systems, and internal processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations
• Ability to work independently and thrive under pressure while taking projects from conception through execution
• Proven ability to work effectively with internal and external colleagues across all levels within an organization
• Prior account and project management experience preferred Strong retailer network for outreach and business development is a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 35500