Penguin Random House LLC Manager, Educational Marketing - Random House Children's Books in New York, New York
Manager, Educational Marketing – Random House Children’s Books Random House Children’s Books is looking for a Manager for their School & Library Marketing department to oversee and focus on marketing our books and authors to teachers and professors nationwide. This role will report into the Senior Manager of Educational Marketing and will help to grow our strategy and outreach to educators.
• Responsible for planning and executing marketing plans for specific titles
• Organize and help execute 4-5 Educator Conferences; includes but not limited to strategizing with Senior Manager to decide on divisional conference strategy, organizing authors, and executing at the conference; travel expected
• Build relationships with educators and school administrators around the country
• Plan, book, write copy and collaborate with the design group on teacher trade advertising both print and online
• Work with the Senior Marketing Manager and our Wholesaler Sales group to plan and produce materials for this market
• Pitch, arrange and execute author appearances for wholesalers as well as individual school events
• Coordinate with various sales teams to plan, produce materials, and fulfill requests for Retail Educator Nights while also growing our outreach to a year round program
• At least 3-5 years of teaching experience and 2-4 years of marketing experience
• Excellent writing and communication skills as well as being detail-oriented and organized
• Self-motivated with a desire to be a team player as well as work independently
• Highly organized with an ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, and meet deadlines
• Strong sense of urgency with an ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and ability to think on their feed and address unexpected challenges
• Creative thinker who enjoys thinking outside of the box
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include your cover letter and resume.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 40730