Penguin Random House LLC Manager, Digital Workflow Support - Editorial in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 26507
The Digital Workflow Support team is looking for a Manager to join their team and support the editorial components of our company-wide digital workflow initiatives at Penguin Random House. The Manager will contribute to all aspects of improving and supporting our digital workflow, which connects our editorial, design, typesetting, and ebook production processes. This position will focus primarily on editorial processes, but work hand in hand with design and print and ebook production staff. They will provide frontline support to managing editors, production editors, and copyeditors from all of our publishing imprints, assisting them with styling issues, editorial cleanup processses, and troubleshooting problematic files. They will also deliver group and one-on-one training in workflow best practices, write process documentation, gather and analyze workflow related data, and assist in the development and testing of editorial workflow tools and software. The ideal candidate is an organized, self-directed, independent worker with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. The ability to instruct individuals and groups and inspire confidence is essential. Experience as a managing editor or production editor in a trade publishing environment producing both print and digital content is preferred. A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word is required. This person should be passionate about book publishing and have an interest in editorial and publishing processes, new technologies, and helping others. Responsibilities:
• Respond to support requests from editorial, design, and production staff across the Penguin Random House imprints
• Troubleshoot technical issues in a Microsoft Word- and InDesign-based workflow
• Write and proof process documentation for internal and external users
• Deliver group and one-on-one training in workflow best-practices, tools, and applications
• Assist in workflow tool and process development by creating, testing, and analyzing sample files
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• 3+ years of experience in managing editorial, production editorial, or general editorial in a publishing environment Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word
• This includes understanding how to edit custom styles, templates, and macros
• Familiarity with both Mac and PC environments
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong research, information gathering, analytic, and problem-solving skills
• Experience in technical support and troubleshooting is an asset
• Previous experience with Adobe InDesign, HTML, and CSS a plus
Please use our online application process to apply for this position.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.