Penguin Random House LLC Manager, Consumer Engagement - Random House Group in New York, New York
The Random House Group is seeking a Manager to join the Consumer Engagement team, which is the team charged with handling the overall direct-to-reader engagement programs via email and web platforms. The Manager will work with internal and external teams to create targeted, attractive, and compelling consumer-focused emails and web pages regarding Random House books, authors, and content and will manage the continued innovation and development of our digital channels. The role also supports the email programs of Punch and Taste, focusing on consumer engagement and developing audience growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Strategizing and executing Random House, Punch and Taste digital marketing initiatives, including coordinating newsletter editorial / deployment and web update schedule.
• Designing compelling, mobile-friendly email and web pages with graphic and text elements that drive conversion.
• Creating performance reports for the Random House website, including analysis of site user behavior, email acquisition campaigns, sweepstakes, giveaways and social media promotions.
• Collaborating with the Senior Manager to develop new templates and styles as well as other optimizations based on performance patterns.
• Creating A/B test cases for content, subject lines, features and list filtering for segmented sends.
• Utilizing the company database to identify and target customer segments.
• Assisting in the implementation of tracking on digital web properties via vendor pixels, cookies and on-site event detection, including record-keeping for GDPR and other legal compliance.
• Managing digital marketing support requests to ensure timely delivery for the team.
• Coordinating with the Marketing, Publicity, Editorial, Design/UX and IT teams.
• Acting as a leader for digital marketing and IT best practices.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of email marketing, web development, or online marketing experience
• Familiarity with email and web marketing guidelines and best practices
• Strong written communication and project management skills
• Ability to multitask while prioritizing workload
• Possessing an organized, analytical, and detail-oriented approach to projects.
• Ability to transition between the creative and analytical sides of marketing
• Ability to work collaboratively and manage/lead across teams
• Possesses an ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit' by bringing new ideas and solutions to the group and experimenting in emerging technologies
• Strong experience with WordPress, HTML, email marketing software (Experian/CheetahMail a plus) and responsive design
• CMS, Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, and SQL databases a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.