Penguin Random House LLC Learning and Talent Management Assistant in New York, New York
Penguin Random House is seeking a new Assistant to join the Learning and Talent Management (L&T) team. We are looking for a highly organized people-person who is a whiz with a calendar and is passionate about learning. If you like planning, scheduling, and digging into the details—you've found your new professional home! This is a fast-paced, collaborative team that works both locally and globally to support the numerous development opportunities at Penguin Random House. In this role, you'll have frequent opportunities to coordinate and attend high-caliber training workshops and talent development programs, while working in a creative publishing environment.
The Assistant will report to the Vice President of Global Talent Development and will handle the core day-to-day operations of the team. You'll be the go-to person for all training logistics and will also manage the VP's calendar, travel, and expenses.
The specific job role responsibilities include:
• Expertly manage the calendar, travel schedule, and expenses for the VP, Global Talent Management
• Establish, maintain, and troubleshoot L&T records and reporting using the Learning Management and Talent Management Systems (Success Factors)
• Coordinate internal training program logistics on a day-to-day basis including booking appropriate rooms and venues; organizing catering, equipment, and technology set up; preparing training materials
• Manage the training evaluation process including analyzing results and sharing emerging themes to the L&D team
• Process invoices and support the team in monitoring annual budget
• Support other L&T projects as appropriate and provide other administrative support as needed
Required for the position:
• Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
• Highly proficient with Excel
• Highly organized—able to manage and progress multiple on-going tasks over time and manage a busy calendar
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team, always ready to roll up your sleeves and dive in
• Motivation to make a difference and have a ‘can do' attitude
• Experience in Learning and Development or other HR functions, preferably in a creative or media company
• Experience with Learning Management Systems
• Experience as a personal or executive assistant
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 38027