Penguin Random House LLC Junior Developer in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25824
Penguin Random House is seeking a Junior Developer to be part of an agile development team building and working on enterprise grade software systems using open source technologies. The Junior Developer is involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing. Duties and Responsibilities Reporting to the Assoc. Director of Application, the duties and responsibilities of the Software Developer include:
• Working with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain web-based business applications built on mostly open source technologies.
• Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
• Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
• Write well-designed, maintainable, testable, efficient code.
• Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time.
• Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
• Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Working with teammates in maintenance tasks and upgrades on existing systems.
• Providing third-level support to senior developers and business users.
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• A minimum of 1 year in overall software development experience.
• Strong desire to learn.
Core Competency Requirements
• Willingness to learn new languages/platforms as needed.
• Understanding of relational database design and querying concepts.
• Familiarity with version control concepts.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem-solving ability.
• Good teamwork skills.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Preferred Competency Requirements
• Knowledge of client/server application development.
• Knowledge of cloud based software development
• Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
• Knowledge of unit testing.
Ability to learn and apply:
• Modern computer languages/platforms such as Python, PLSQL, Oracle.
Please apply through our online application process to be considered for this role.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.